A little back story… We moved into our home about 1 1/2 years ago.
We rented the house for 30 days while we were waiting for the paperwork to go through.
6 days after moving in there was a small kitchen fire.
So we decided to “remodel” the kitchen. We took out a wall, built on a room, moved the utility room and rewired the whole house.
We’ve been very busy, so curtains were not high on my priority list.
However, we’ve had some cold nights lately.
Our bed is pushed up against 3 old and very cold windows.
I love these windows, but they’re not efficient.
So, I did some research on insulated curtains and didn’t find anything that really fit what I was looking for, so I decided to create something to fit my needs and maybe help someone else in the process!
I knitted the top layer, used insulation in the center and a pre-made blanket for the backing.
Here is what I came up with…